Friday, January 04, 2008

The Big Show

**I was browsing through my old archives from back in the day. This little ditty made me smile. Happy New Year boys and girls. More stories to come...


I can't believe the month of October is nearly over. On top of that. I can't believe I just finished 5 weeks of surgery. I have to admit it has been a blast. The hours are long, but bearable. I'm not a complete zombie as I was expecting. I've worked with some interesting characters and seen some amazing things.

The past 2 weeks I've been on the Surgical Oncology team. Our given team name is the "Eagle Team". "Look up and we will poop in your eyes!" You know the rotation is fun when you have your own team name. This week our intern has been gone so myself and the other medical student had to step up our games and pick up the slack. Looking back, I think we did pretty good. Good enough to get our picture taken as a matter of fact...let me explain.

We had a huge anticipated surgery on Monday. It was a big liver resection for a tumor of unknown origin. This bad boy was huge on the CT scan. Our whole team was excited to take it out. We hit the OR and it was intense. The head of the Surgery Dept. was on double red alert to come and help us take it out. Fortunately, I was available so his presence was unneccesary. It was such a huge occasion we called Medical Photography to come check this gumba out and document this monstrosity.



It was awesome. Not only did we get a great photo, but we documented my "New Hotness" in the operating room. Eat your heart out ladies...I'm Taken!



Let's hope I can knock the dust off and get back to business when OB/GYN starts up next week after this 3 week break of complete mindlessness.

1 comment:

medstudent101 said...

what are you up to?? missing the OR?