Thursday, November 16, 2006

Hello Jerry...

I was watching Seinfeld last night and a classic episode (which one isn't) came on. It was the one where Jerry and George have to meet Elaine's father for dinner. She is late (of course) and the episode circles around the awkwardness of their meeting. Well before they leave for dinner George starts singing a song from the production, Les Miserables. It goes a little like this:

Master of the house
Doling out the charm
Ready with a handshake
And an open palm
Tells a saucy tale
Makes a little stir
Customers appreciate a bon-viveur

Glad to do a friend a favor
Doesn't cost me to be nice
But nothing gets you nothing
Everything has got a price!

Catchy, I know. But as you would expect, now I have this stupid song stuck in my head. I'm singing it everywhere. Just like Costanza!! And to complicate the matter even worse Jerry warns George of this very thing. He tells George that Schubert went crazy becuase he couldn't get a tune out of his head. Now I believe that I'm going crazy becuase this little ditty of a song is stuck in my head and the little leprechaun prancing around the house is telling me to "Burn Things". How does a "show about nothing" always seem to pertain to something? Darn you Mr. Seinfeld and your uncanny understanding of the human psyche.

No comments: