Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Merry New Year

Well it has been such a busy couple of weeks I don't even know where to begin. I've been on my lustrious winter-break, and so far it's been rather busy. Christmas this year was celebrated on both sides of the country by The Hunny Bunny and I. First we hung out in Globe, AZ with my family for a "Mexican Christmas". It was great. All 7 of my grandma's kids, 11 grandkids, and who knows how many great grandkids and significant others crammed into her house for a couple of days of Christmas glee. After a gift exchange I sat down and consumed a few tamales which was like opening my own little presents for a half an hour.

Christmas day we got our stuff together and drove to the airport and jumped ship to sunny Florida, "The place where your underwear sticks to your butt". It was great. We landed and got to open even more gifts. We made out like bandits. After a busy week of Churchin', sight seein', and sleepin' we were exhausted. We rang in the new year only to wake up 3 hours later to head back to the airport and fly home.

Yesterday we were zombies. We didn't speak much, it was more of a gurgle when either one of us tried to open our mouths and talk. I surprisingly made it through the drive back to Tucson from Phoenix and watched the entire first half of the Rose Bowl. The Hunny Bunny had to tell me who won since I didn't survive the halftime show.

All-in-all it was a great year. I tied the knot in marriage, traveled halfway around the world, moved into our own little townhouse, it was great. I have more than enough to be thankful since none of this I deserve. 2006 was amazing, now let's wait and see how 2007 treats us. Until then, its time to enjoy the rest of my week off...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you!!! It was so nice to see you and Bethany this Christmas! Looking forward to that visit you guys are going to make in the near future.....