Saturday, April 07, 2007

Random Motion

Since the Hunny Bunny refers to me as being one of the most random people in the world, I thought what happened this morning was pretty apropos. I had to drag myself out of bed early this morning to take the "Mock Boards". It was no fun at all since I stayed up too late last night watching Blood Diamond (A great flick if you haven't seen it. I liken it to a cross between Hotel Rwanda and Apocalypto). Anyways, after nearly falling asleep a good five times during the exam, I stumbled into the library after I picked up some coffee. Bees just happened to be checking the Intraweb for the Suns score and what time Tiger teed off today (If you were not aware that it is Masters Week...consider yourself on double-secret probation).

Where was I?? That's right. We were standing at the computer talking about what to do with the rest of the day and one of the Librarians approached us. She kinda reminds me of the Lunch Lady from Billy Madison (Mmmmm...Sloppy Joe's). She remarked to us, "Nice day today, you boys going to be playing golf this afternoon?" Strange I know, but all doctors I know play golf so I guess I can understand the stereotype. But she started giving us the 3rd degree on what type of golf balls we liked and which ones she thought were the best...then she invited us into her office. You know my parents taught me when awkward strangers invite you to go places and tell you they will give you something in return, you probably shouldn't listen and follow them around like a lost puppy. It's too bad I'm not a very good listener and curious like a cat (Hence my nickname, "Whiskers"). I guess I couldn't help myself. Librarians always seem so trustworthy and nice. Well as we entered her office we were immediately surrounded by golf balls. It was unbelievable. She lives on a golf course and just scavenges for these things every night. She was even anal enough to separate them out by brand, each brand had its own enormous busket. After Bees and I pulled ourselves together the librarian pulled out a couple of egg containers and filled up one for each of us and sent us on our way.

I doesn't get more random than that. Though I was confused, I sure was happy I walked away with a baker's dozen of slighly used Nike golf balls. Maybe my parents were wrong about strangers this whole time. I wonder how many other free gifts I've been missing out on all my life...

No comments: