Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Simple Life

With sadness in my heart, I have to report that today was my last day following Dr. C. It was tough...I'll admit that. Every patient I saw, I had to choke back the tears (OK, not quite). But, I definitely didn't hold back any laughter. I probably erupted one too many times after Dr. C's jokes in front of a patient. The first when he referred to the Cystoscope as the TV and invited a patient's son to come watch TV with us (while we looked for cancer in his father's bladder...it was funny to me!). The second happened to be when a patient mentioned that intercourse had become "better" (less painful) since the last visit. Then mentioned her husband had been away for eight weeks on business. I'm sure you're already laughing so I'll just leave that one alone for now. And for the record...you people have dirty minds.

Anywho, it being my last day and all I felt obligated to buy Dr. C a gift. It's the least I could do since he put up with my shenanigans for entire school year and never even complained. My friends can't even make it an entire day without complaining. I need new friends...tear.

Huh...Ok back on topic. What did I buy him you ask? Well to buy something for a "Doctor", one must think like a "Doctor"... and that's exactly what I did. I made a trip to Borders and purchased two books. Both being a series of books based on the TV Show, Hannah Montana. Now I know what you're thinking...and you're wrong. It was for his two daughters. The show (yes Billy Ray Cyrus is her father) is their favorite in the entire world. So Ah Jota comes through in down the stretch with 2 books that they didn't have yet...BOOOYAAAH. To add to my brown-nosing, I purchased a bottle of kosher wine for him and his wife. What took me back (and simultaneously points to Dr. C's awesomeness) was he didn't even care about the wine. He was fascinated by the books. That's all he talked about as I took my final stroll down the hallway.

I love it when people enjoy the simple things in life. Something I should do a little more often. But at least this little adventure proved 2 things. 1) I'm good a buying presents and 2) I'm extremely good at sucking up. There...that was simple.

No comments: