Friday, September 29, 2006

Schooooool's Out....For a Week

Well I know I have been incognito for a little while, believe me if I had it my way that wouldn't have been the case. Sadly, I've been locked away in the library for the past couple of weeks pretending that I'm a medical student. Its been pretty brutal preparing for this round of exams. I've been gone so much my wife didn't even recognize me when I walked through the front door the other night. She screamed and thought that Adam Morrison had come to challenge her to a game of H-O-R-S-E.

Anyways, yesterday I mustered up what little energy I had left and pulled one last hardcore study day. The result: 13 hours straight in the library. Though the rest of the week wasn't as bad as that, it sure felt like it. My only outlet lately has been in my car on the drive home. With my brain resembling the consistency of mashed potatos I click on the radio as I mindlessly weave in and out of on-coming traffic.

What serenades me you may ask? Well, thats the point of this little blog. It is the voice of the one and only Vince Furnier. To the more educated readers, you should already know who that is. To you novices out there, Vince's more well published name is Alice Cooper.



Mr. Nice Guy currently works as a late night DJ for a local radio station that I quickly turn to when I cruise around town any time later than 8 o'clock. This just happens to be every time I leave the library near exam time.

For those of you who are interested, Vince was born in Detroit, Michigan to Ether Moroni Furnier and Ella Mae McCart and after a series of childhood illnesses, he moved to Phoenix, Arizona. His grandfather, Thurman Sylvester Furnier, was an ordained Apostle of The Church of Jesus Christ. I personally met Vince at the ripe young age of 4 years at a church event. As you well know, I can't remember anything past breakfast so the details of this event are known to me only through the stories my mother has told me. But I heard Vince was overcome by my childhood abilities and was forced to cut all ties with me at that time...

Even though the two of us have an obvioius storied history together, he has failed to contact me during his stint as a "hot-shot DJ". I hope he does soon since rumor has it that he has in his possession his grandfather's library which I would salivate at the chance to rummage through given the opportunity. But I can't promise patience forever, I may just have to contact Vince myself to talk about old times and help remind him of his roots....

No comments: