Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Who You Callin' Chicken?

Over the past few weeks I've been exposed to a hilarious sitcom. Apparently it has been pulled from the shelves but it is still available on dvd. Its called Arrested Development. It centers around a crazy family and its business that goes broke and the one sane family member that tries to pull them from the wreckage.

I probably like it so much becuase it sounds a lot like my family. Except my family:

A) Doesn't own a business
B) There isn't one "sane" person left since we all know I don't fit that category
C) There really isn't any wreckage to be pulled from, since we all seem to be doing well for ourselves

Hmmm. Ok I guess I can't draw too many comparisons and probably just like it for the dry, sarcastic humor and the pleasure it brings me outside of any comparisons I try to confabulate.

That long-winded introduction brings me to a point I want to make. The show has an uncanny way of pointing out that somebody is a "chicken". After you clean up from peeing your pants in laughter, please continue reading.

This is so awesome I want to start a trend. Anytime you feel happy, excited, giddy, or just in the mood to make a fool of yourself....you need to perform the chicken dance. ALSO, any time you want to taunt someone I EXPECT you to behave in this manner.

To many I suppose this will sound "silly" or "childish" and to those people I will say, quit taking yourself so seriously. If you bust out with this type of behavior, people will hail you as the life of the party and the funniest person they have met in quite some time. So my suggestion is just to try it. Not only will other people like you, but you'll like yourself more for just stepping out of your comfort zone for once in your life. I ask no monetary reward for helping you down the path of self discovery...just your friendship since I don't have very many friends.

I hope the next time I run into you I'll be a witness to your new-found sense of pride and chicken-dancing ability. You just better not be calling me a chicken....

No comments: