Thursday, March 22, 2007

My Tuition Money at Work

You know, I pay quite a bit of money to go to medical school. The statistics I've heard is the average medical student is $100,000 in debt when they finish medical school. Craziness if you ask me. I've been trying to avoid that by living off a steady diet of government cheese. Probably one of the reasons I was pushing maximum density a couple of months ago. But sometimes I wonder if my money is being put to good use...

Let's explore this thought:

1) Pathology lab is taught in fancy new rooms with 10 plasma flat screens (1 TV per table). Considering this past week our professor admired my drawing of a cat while we were supposed to be looking at a slide of bacterial meningitis...I'm gonna go ahead and say that maybe 10 screens per room was a little overboard.

2) Frat Boy Invasion. Everytime I venture to the library to study, I'm stuck listening to some fratboy answer his cell phone. I could probably handle that every once in awhile if they weren't on the phone with their rich daddies and mommies convincing them they need to be wired a few more thousand of their inheritance so they can help pay for a kegger for their upcoming "Enchantment Under The Sea Party".

3) Last but not least. I was told in clinic today to watch Grey's Anatomy tonight (even though I was planning on watching it anyways). But that order was followed up by the statement, "Be prepared to be Pimped on it next week".

Now that I think about it, maybe I should have tried to get a few more scholarships for this endeavor. The thought of wasting someone else's money would make me a little less apprehensive when I point out example's such as these. But, I guess I can't complain too much. I was just planning on defaulting on my loans until I kick the bucket, then someone else gets stuck paying them back. Don't you wish you thought of that first?

No comments: