Thursday, February 08, 2007

An Afternoon of Insolence

I walked into clinic today and much to my surprise...no patients. I failed to realize that this Thrusday was "Surgery Day". Dr. C told me to come down to the OR and suit up. I happily ablidged. I spent the afternoon with Taj, one of the residents. He's a quiet guy but is really good about keeping me in the loop and doesn't mind me hanging around. Everything was going great until after we finished the first case...

Taj and I walked over to the recovery room and we were joined by my other "favorite" resident, Vladimir. As Taj charted he tried to spark some conversation with ol' Vladdy and it went a little like this:

Taj : Hey Vlad you remember Ah Jota right?
Vlad : Nope.
Ah Jota : Ummm, we've met before.
Vlad : You must not have done anything extrordinary for me to remember you by.
Ah Jota : EAT MY FARTS!!!!**

Who says that? I spent an entire afternoon with that punk and he has no recollection whatsoever of me. On top of that he tries to belittle me with his arrogance. If anyone is going to belittle anybody, it's going to be me! To add to the fire...this is what he said when we got back to the OR:

Vlad : Hey Ah Jota, why don't you run over there and get me that clip. And while you're at it...tuck your shirt in so you don't look like one of the nurse's.

Can you believe that! I couldn't begin to comprehend the egotism that just oozed from this guy. It was awful. It put a damper on my entire afternoon. I was worried that I too could succomb to being a punk like Vlad. But then I realized...I have glorious hair. No cheap immitations here. And this glorious hair keeps me far away from any conceitedness that could creep into my life. If you don't believe me...just ask the Hunny Bunny.

I guess next time I"m just have to be a little more "memorable" for our little Vladdy Boy. Maybe next time I'll put on a little song and dance for him, shine his shoes, or maybe even smile at him. And if all of that doesn't work, I may just have to pin him down and make him eat one of my farts. I'm glad I have all of you readers (and my hair) to help keep me humble. Becuase the last thing I ever want four years from now is for some handsome medical student to threaten me with his flatulence.


**Alright, I didn't say it...but I was thinking it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

У Вас до сих пор нет сайта, хотите заказать хостинг, зарегистрировать дешево домен, нужна качественная расктрутка тогда Вам сюда [url=http://yestech.ru/]заказать обслуживание сайтов
[/url]

Anonymous said...

Салон Секреты Красоты предлагает большой выбор классических салонных услуг: парикмахерские услуги, маникюр, педикюр, косметология, перманентный макияж. Мы работаем более 10 лет и придерживаемся принципа соотношения цены и качества обслуживания. Для постоянных клиентов действуют акции и бонусная система. Заходите на наш сайт [url=http://s-krasoti.ru/] салон красоты чистые пруды
[/url]

Anonymous said...

Производственная компания «М-СЕТ» специализируется на производстве сварных сеток в рулонах, имеющих широкое применение в различных строительных работах.
Производство сварной сетки выполняется на многоточечных сварных машинах, методом контактно-точечной сварки крестообразных соединений. Все пересечения и стыки прутьев тщательно сварены, благодаря чему конструкция отличается превосходным качеством и является одной из самых прочных.
На нашем сайте Вы можете посмотреть образцы нашей продукции и связаться с нами
[url=http://setka-vlg.ru/]производство сварной сетки рабицы фото
[/url]