Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Stop Wasting My Time

Well it's that wonderful time of year again...Midterms. A time where caffeine flows like wine, moustaches grow like weeds, and the refreshing daily shower is...well they're not quite daily anymore. Yeah, you guys no the drill. Ah Jota goes MIA for a number of weeks while he is replaced by "Cranky Ah Jota". Food doesn't taste as good but late night farting seems to even more hilarious than normal to this late-night imposter.

Anywho, some things just get under my skin. Especially things that are a complete waste of time. For instance. As I was studying my notes for Microbiology the other day, I came across this little ditty:

"Mycobacterium leperae is an acid-fast bacillus that cannot be grown in artificial media or tissue culture...it can only grow in the footpads of mice and armadillos."

ARMADILLOS?!?! Who cares?? When I'm studying until one in the morning about the effects of Leprosy, all I care about is making sure that I don't contract it (granted it did work out OK for Naaman). Why must you waste my time with information that is only useful while engaged in a game of Trivial Pursuit?

As you can tell I'm just cranky. Pending I don't contract Leprosy from class, one of the bums in the library, or an armadillo, I'll be back soon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

conejo?? hmmmm.....anyway, be honest...you were studying for the EXTREMELY difficult lab final we had today.....with all the bacteria flying around in those small MDLS i'd be more worried about pseudamonas......