Monday, February 26, 2007

Cranky and Hungry (No More)

Since all of you are still subject to Cranky Ah Jota, I thought I would complain just a little more this week. Last weekend after I returned home from church I noticed water all over the refrigerator when I grabbed a soda. When I investigated further I discovered that it had blown a fuse and no "refrigeration" had been taking place for a number of hours.

EVERY SINGLE ITEM in the freezer had been de-thawed by this point. Needless to say I was not a happy camper. All the food had to destroyed except for two items. I saved my skim milk which had now become cheese. I used it to dip my wheat thins in later that night during one of my study breaks. It was delicious!! Secondly, since I needed to cook dinner that night...I salvaged the thawed ham from the freezer. Being new to cooking an entire slab of ham, I pulled up a cooking show off the internet with some delicious cooking tips. In case you're wondering what to cook tonight or looking for a nice "study break" snack...maybe you should treat yourself to a nice bowl of Hot Ham Water. It's rather simple. All you need is 1) A Pot 2) A Ham 3) Some Water. Bring the water to a boil, toss in your ham and you have a mouthwatering concoction sure to leave your tastebuds screaming for more! Just watch and learn!

2 comments:

Montgomery said...

Thaw is defined as "to pass or change from a frozen to a liquid or semiliquid state; melt." So shouldn't "de-thaw" mean "un-melt" or "re-freeze?"

Anonymous said...

For all of you wondering if Ah Jota is sick now from his wheat thin dunking & ham water drinking...the answer is no. He didn't throw anything out - he made his lovely wife do it. The 1 time I actually make the effort to go to grocery store (a task I hate because you know everyone inspects your cart as you meander by & judges you for it) then I had to throw it all out. That's the type of luck I have since marrying Ah Jota!